Technical Director (Full Time)
Purpose of Position
The Technical Director has the daily responsibility for the technical operations of Greencastle Christian Church including lighting, sound, video, set design, and coordinating necessary staff and maintenance of AVL equipment.
- Oversee audio, visual, and live stream teams for GCC Sunday morning services and other GCC events.
- Oversee audio/visual teams for the Collective (Sunday night Student Ministry).
- Develop training for new and existing team members.
- Recruit new team members as necessary.
- Coordinate with staff to create videos (announcement, testimonies, small group, and event recap) that would serve to encourage and inform the GCC congregation.
- Create engaging videos and graphics for Sunday mornings and special events/services.
- Create engaging stage designs for our worship center stage.
- Prepare the stage, lighting, audio, slides, and livestream for weekend services.
- Work with Creative Arts Pastor to plan for creative elements to be incorporated into services.
- Work with Childrens Pastor and Youth Pastor to aid in upgrades, video/graphic work, and etc.
- Work with weekend producer to execute the service well online and in-person.
- Maintain a consistent relationship with God through various spiritual disciplines.
- Be a team player among the GCC staff.
- Be at all staff meetings and creative meetings as scheduled.
- Should be available to help in other ministries when needed.
- This position reports directly to the Creative Arts Pastor.
- Participate in church wide events.
- Work with Lead Pastor for pastoral needs (Funerals, weddings, visitations, etc).
- Development an annual church technology budget.
- Update the sermon archive after each weekend service.
- Track online attendance on Facebook, YouTube, and Boxcast (our live streaming provider) and send to the staff & elders.
Experience and Skills
- Follower of Jesus whose life strives to achieve high standards of Christian character and faith.
- Familiar with computer software (ProPresenter, Photoshop, Logic, etc).
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Relational leadership and team-building skills.
- Quick to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Able to remain focused and calm in stressful situations.
- Able to manage large projects at the direction of the Lead Pastor and Creative Arts Pastor.