- We have adjusted our service times to 9AM and 11AM to provide more time for traffic flow and to allow our Kid’s Ministry more time for new check-in procedures.
- We strive to be as contactless as possible on Sunday mornings.
- Rather than passing bulletins, we are utilizing our GCC App to provide information about upcoming church opportunities. This app is available for both Android and Apple users.
- Regular attenders and guests are encouraged to fill out the online connect card available on the app or church website. This information will be helpful for contact tracing if needed.
- Offering boxes and online giving are being utilized for tithes and offerings.
- Individual prepackaged communion is available at the entrance to the worship center.
- Socially distanced seating is encouraged. Seats are marked off with green tape to show where individuals or groups can sit and maintain distance. (Sit with the tape to your back.)
- Between services, volunteers sanitize commonly used surfaces: door handles, stair railings, pews, etc.
- Online streaming of services will continue on the our website, Facebook, and YouTube for any who are unable to worship in person.
These are our guidelines to be in accordance with the CDC and Health Department. We will do our best, but understand, bringing your kids to church does pose a risk. Just like there is a risk of getting sick during cold and flu season, there is a risk of Covid-19 as well. We cannot prevent the virus from coming to the church at some point, but we will do our best to limit the spread. Families should stay home if ANYONE has had one of the following within the past 7 days: a fever, cough, illness, diarrhea, rash, or any Covid-19 symptoms.
Drop Off and Pick Up
- Due to our new procedures it will be a good idea for families to arrive 10-15 minutes before service.
- Door 5 is for Kids Ministry families and volunteers only. This is to limit how many people are walking through the Kids Hallway.
- There will be no Self Check-in. A person from the welcome team will do a temperature check on each child before checking in a family. Families will also need to acknowledge the following statement: No one in our household is experiencing fever, shortness of breath or cough in the last 7 days.
- If a child registers a temperature of 100.4 or more 2 times consecutively, the entire family will be asked to go home.
- Go to the bathroom to wash hands before dropping off kids.
- There will be capacity limits in each area. Unfortunately, we will not be able to accept additional kids in that area if the limit is reached.
- When you come to pick up, please line up using the stanchions to allow for traffic flow around lines.
- Toys will be used in the nursery, but will be rotated out and cleaned during service to avoid cross-contamination.
- Toys will not be used in the Preschool, Pre-K/Kindergarten, and Elementary areas. Kids will have an activity to begin as they arrive.
- Kids will have their own bag of supplies (scissors, markers, etc.).
- Volunteers will wash or sanitize their hands before passing anything out to kids.
- Cleaning of hands will happen regularly during service.
- There will be no snacks provided for any age group.
Masks and Social Distancing
- Spots will be marked on the floor and chairs spaced out at tables to allow distancing (to the best of our ability) in Preschool, Pre-K/Kindergarten, and Elementary areas.
- Nursery is an impossible area to keep distance. Kids don’t understand how to keep their distance and volunteers will need to pick up kids. This is a risk if you choose to utilize the nursery at this time.
- Kids in Elementary (1st-5th grade) will be required to wear a mask.
- Kids in Preschool and Pre-K/Kindergarten (3 years through Kindergarten) will not be required, but it is suggested.
- Kids 2 and under will not be required to wear a mask.
- All volunteers will be temperature checked before serving.
- All volunteers will wear a mask.
- Exception will be when distancing can be used during storytelling to allow kids to see facial expression of the storyteller.